Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Halfway Point.

Today marks the halfway point of my Year to Live practice.

I wish I could find the words to describe the changes I've seen in my mind, my heart, my relationships. All I can do is offer gratitude for the teachings--all of them--that I've been fortunate enough to receive during my time on this planet.

I'm thankful I was born human, and therefore able to understand the Dharma. To whatever hiccup of karma landed me here, and now, I thank you.

I'm thankful I was born into the family I was born into, and given the oppotunity to practice compassion, forgiveness, and unconditional love. Thank you for showing me so many things about myself, the world, and how I relate to it.

I'm thankful for the amazing friends I've made--and those I've lost to sickness, accident, or violence--for everything. You cannot know what you've meant to me. Even the crazy ones, the thugs, the criminals and hooligans. And the ones who have been there, good times and bad, in all seasons. Even when I am not the easiest person to be around, you've all ignored my sometimes difficult nature and chosen to see the person under it all. Thank you.

I'm thankful for the gift of loving a few incredible women in my life, and what I learned from them--in good times and bad. Most of all I'm thankful for the amazing woman who is teaching me so many valuable lessons right now. My few words fail to describe your tremendous impact on my life and view of the world. Thank you.

and thank you all, for reading this. I hope that you go through your day with awareness and compassion. I hope you can see the incredible opportunities for growth and healing, forgiveness and gratitude, in all things.

May you be happy
May you be at peace
May you be free from suffering

No comments:

Post a Comment