Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dharma Punx Boston

More gratitude:

Thank you to everyone from the Dharma Punx Boston group. You are all amazing people with amazing stories of struggle and triumph, even if you don't see the triumph yet. Thank you for having the courage to sit down, shut up, and face down your own greed, hatred, and delusion. There is nothing more difficult or more rewarding. Most of all, thank you for showing me what the human heart is capable of.

Thanks to Sean and Michael for keeping me moving forward and helping me get this whole thing up and running. It never would have happened without you. You guys are a huge support and I deeply appreciate everything you've done.

Thanks to the absolutely incredible folks who came to Mudfist 2009, the Bacon Dharma camping trip. What an awesome weekend. I have been grinning for three days straight. I think people assume I'm either crazy or high. Maybe both. But for the first time I can remember I'm actually not affected by the city-stress, the aggravation of traffic, the constant invasions of personal space. OK, a little bit. But I hardly ever want to punch people in the face.

In all seriousness, everyone there made it the best weekend I could imagine. Sure the rain wasn't great, but hey--it kept us under the tarp and around the fire. We ended up talking and getting to know each other way more than we might have if it was sunny and 75 degrees. So thanks for the rain, baby Jeebus. Or whoever.

Having that weekend mark the halfway point of my Year to Live practice was perfect. So again, deepest thanks, much love and metta sent to all of you. Hopefully we'll get together again in August, and again in September at Kripalu!

*knuckle bump with the giant rubber DharmaFist*

No comments:

Post a Comment